While I didn’t get to actually take a picture of the pie I made for Memorial Day BBQ gathering, I know I’ll be remaking it in the near future. As I know there are so many recipes for no-bake cheesecake pies drifting online, I don’t like clumps of cream cheese in my pies or cakes. With the latter statement said, I made a slight change in a recipe I found, and while my husband wants me to keep it hush-hush (he’s very proud of my cooking), I think it’s only fair to share the extremely simple secret.
- 1 package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tub of frozen whipped cream, cooled (leave in fridge until ready to use)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 Tbs of vanilla extract
- 1 graham pie crust
- OPTIONAL: frozen berries of choice, thawed
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well-combined.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- OPTIONAL: Fold berries into mixture.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Place in fridge for light thawing 3 hours before serving.