Okay, seeing as how it’s Halloween today, I thought I would do some spooky, strange, and otherwise Halloween-related facts.
So here we go!
Did you know…
1) The city of Colma, California, has more dead residents than it has living? In fact, in Colma, the dead outnumber the living 1000 to 1! There are seventeen cemeteries within the city’s two square miles, which account for approximately 73% of the town’s entire acreage. The reason for Colma’s many dead came about after San Francisco banned the building of new cemeteries within city limits. This led to Colma becoming the new resting place for all the dead. Because of this, Colma is sometimes referred to as “the city of the silent”.
2) Candy corn comes in only 1 flavor, butterscotch. The color of candy corn represents the different colors of maize.
3) When it comes to Halloween, over seven billion dollars is spent annually on candy, costumes, and activities… just in the United States alone.
4) The largest pumpkin ever measured was grown by Norm Craven, who broke the world record in 1993 with a 836 lb. pumpkin.
5) This is what your face would look like without muscles!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!