It’s that time of year where apples and pumpkin are thrown into the spotlight. Since my husband’s not really big on pumpkin, you guys are sort of stuck with apples. *laughs*
Here’s a fun recipe that you can make beforehand and will still be good cold, reheated, and whatnot.
- oil for frying (veggie or canola works best)
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tube of biscuits
- Heat oil on medium heat.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in microwave-safe bowl.
- Toss apple pieces in sugar mixture.
- Microwave on high in 30-second increments until apples are tender.
- Divide biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters and light flatten/roll the quarters.
- Put 1 apple piece (with some of the sugar mixture juice that accumulated in the bowl) in the middle of the dough and pinch edges to seal it in.
- BE SURE there is no air bubbles in the dough, else you’ll get an air socket and it could pop. Please don’t burn yourself.
- Fry stuffed biscuits, turning them occasionally, until golden brown.
- Remove cooked biscuits and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle the cooked biscuits with sugar
- Serve with caramel sauce… could also drizzle the caramel on top of the cooked biscuits
Be careful. These things can get addicting. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.